Getting ready for your laser hair removal appointment
At Thérapie Clinic, we believe in delivering the best results for our clients. So, if you’re undergoing laser hair removal treatment with us in the near future, we have a few small requests for you to ensure you’re fully prepared for your treatment.
• We ask that you are freshly showered or bathed with completely clean skin, without lotions, oils, creams or fragrances of any kind before coming in.
• The treatment area should be shaved completely prior to treatment. Legs should be shaved no sooner than 24 hours prior to your appointment to avoid irritation. Do not wax, tweeze, epilate or use chemical depilatories between laser treatments. Since the laser targets the root of the hair, it must be present for the treatment to be effective. Shaving is the only form of hair removal recommended during the course of your treatments.
• Avoid all sun exposure to the treatment area for two weeks before treatment.
• Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or above on a daily basis – rain or shine!
• Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days before treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas.
• Follow instructions regarding all oral prescription medications that we provided at your medical laser consultation. If you are taking any new or different medications, including antibiotics, contact our office prior to your appointment.
• Do not have anti-wrinkle injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days before laser hair removal.
What to Expect During Your Laser Hair Removal Appointment
Following the consultation, if we determine you are a good candidate, we will proceed with treatment. Your laser technician will begin by asking a few pertinent questions about your recent health history to ensure there are no contraindications for treatment. The technician will discuss your treatment desires and at that time you can specifically let us know what hair you want removed. The treatment area will be cleansed and prepared for treatment. Your technician will talk you through the treatment to ensure you won’t experience any surprises.
While receiving laser hair removal, you will be required to wear protective eyewear. You may still be able to see a flash of light, but your eyes will be completely covered. The laser technicians wear protective eyewear, as well. During the treatment, all areas of the body that will not be lasered will be covered with clothing. Only the areas to receive laser treatment will be exposed. We are always mindful of your comfort and your peace of mind; we will let you know ahead of time what to expect.
After Your Laser Hair Removal Treatment
A lot of the same rules apply when it comes to aftercare for your laser hair removal treatment.
It is normal to experience redness and swelling in the treatment area following laser hair removal. This may persist for several days. The treated area may feel like a razor burn or sunburn for a few hours after treatment. Thérapie Clinic will provide you with aloe vera treatment so you can alleviate this sensation at home.
Hair in the treated area will slowly shed, typically over the course of two weeks. Patchiness of hair growth is normal and will dissipate towards the completion of your laser hair removal treatment series.
Improper post-treatment care, including excessive heat or sun exposure of the treated area, may increase the chance of scarring, pigmentation changes and skin texture changes. It is imperative that you avoid excessive heat in the treatment area, such as hot tubs, saunas or working out for 24 hours after laser hair removal treatment. Avoid sun exposure to the treatment area, and do not use UV tanning beds at all for two weeks after treatment.
Use a broad-spectrum sunblock with an SPF of 30 or above daily (rain or shine).
Do not use any topical products that cause photosensitivity (e.g. hydroxy acids, salicylic acid, retinols, and benzoyl peroxide) in the treatment areas for three days after treatment. Use a gentle cleanser and lotion on treated areas.
Follow instructions regarding all oral medications that we provided at your medical laser consultation.
Do not have anti-wrinkle injections, dermal filler injections, chemical peels or microdermabrasion in the treatment area for at least 14 days after laser hair removal.
Treatments should be scheduled as follows:
• Facial Areas: Every 4-6 weeks
• Trunk Areas: Every 6-8 weeks
• Leg Areas: Every 8-10 weeks
Book your free consultation with Europe’s number one aesthetics clinic today on 1890 650 750 or by downloading the official Thérapie Clinic App from the app store today.